- Reputable insurance company
- Large work scope and exposure
- Excellent compensation package
Our client, a reputable organisation in the insurance industry, is looking for a Senior Manager to be part of their PMO office, responsible for Infra and Ops.
The Senior Manager coordinates across all aspects of Infrastructure and Operations projects as a portfolio. The candidate will also be assigned projects by the VP & Head, Infrastructure and Operations. The project assigned would usually be either substantive, strategic and/or cross functional. He/She is expected to be agile to adapt to a wide range of duties such as work planning, strategic planning, financial management, project management etc.
- Formulate work plan and associated budget and resources needed to support the various business imperatives, dovetailed with the desired business outcomes.
- Drive innovation and cost effectiveness that demonstrate the value and effectiveness use of IT. Effective stakeholder management to demonstrate the value of IT to bring about a competitive advantage to business. Set the right expectations throughout the plan
- Provide strong leadership, direction and guidance to the team, and able to work well with business and technical managers, to ensure business capability provided conforms to user requirements, while adhering to overall IM architectural roadmap
Project Management Office
- Plan and coordinate the various strategic plan, implementation actions to meet key project milestones such as delivery and budget
- Coordinate and integrate all the projects and operations activities across the various infrastructure domains such as server and storage, database and middleware, data centre operations, network, end-user computing and security operations. Manage the IT Service Management including incident, problem and change
- Oversee project team members to deliver projects on schedule and cost while meeting project requirements. This includes ensuring that the projects adhere to a project development life cycle with proper project management plan, risk management plan to ensure effective project management & tracking
- Initiate, organize and attend project meetings and ensure project teams are kept fully informed about progress, tasks, action plan and deadlines. Anticipate, manage and resolve issues, risks, dependencies and impediments that may impact on successful project delivery. Ensure that project progress is reported in an accurate and timely manner to all stakeholders and project teams. Ensure that all projects are delivered with quality and governance is carried out in accordance with MAS TRM and established policies and standards. Coordinate all audit and rectification activities
- Responsible for procurement, vendor and contract management for outsource implementation and consulting partners including budgeting and spend management of projects under your charge. Lead and manage project team members, subcontractors and vendors including vendor selection and negotiation.
Plan the Project
- Define the scope of the project aligned to the desired objectives. Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project. Determine the resources (time, budget, resources, etc) required to complete the project. Develop a schedule for project completion that effectively allocates the resources to the activities. Build up project cost benefit analysis / justification for approval
- Set up Working Committee and Steering Committee (where appropriate) to manage, monitor and get directions on the progress of the project. Review the project schedule with senior management and key stakeholders and all other staff that will be affected by the project activities; revise the schedule as required.
Implement the project
- Execute the project according to the project plan. Monitor the progress of the project, keep updates and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project. Review the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards
- Put in place and manage contracts to support and deliver the project. This includes and is not limited to contracts with vendors for IT hardware/software, resources to work on the project as appropriate and liaising with the relevant personnel for any logistic support which the project may require
- Manage project staff and/or team members according to the established / approved project structure
- Monitor project expenses, cost projections and report actual expenditure against budget to senior management on a regular basis
- Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders including appropriate staff in the organization on the progress of the project
- Maintain project documentation Document risks and issues, manage and escalate to the appropriate personnel / team to ensure effective support for project is provided
- At project closure – prepare the project to be handled over to operations team. Review learning lessons from actual project implementation, review and make recommendations for future project improvements.
- Ensure service delivery quality and service level agreement on available, incident and problem are duly met. Take charge of all incident and problem management to ensure timely resolution with root cause rectified. Handle critical escalation cases and managed overall resolution
- Lead the change management to ensure changes has proper review process and quality assurance and these changes does not cause disruption to the daily operations
- Engagement with key stakeholders, within IT and with business to identify and resolve service experience problems timely
- Lead service improvement initiatives
- Provide support to application related projects that requires infrastructure support. Provide solution consulting and assistance in the project life cycle
People and Team
- Build team capability, recruit and develop resources and retain key talents. Manage capabilities and capacity as well as leverage on partners’ eco-system
- At least 10 years’ experience in managing projects, and a proven track record of successfully leading and delivering systems implementation
- Solid project management and facilitation skills. Able to manage multiple projects
- Strong communication and writing skills, managing key stakeholders and project sponsors
- PMP, CITMP. ITIL, CSSIP certification is a plus
- Knowledge of processes and procedures
- Leadership skill such as leading organization, communication skill with people across the organisation
- IT Strategic Thinking and Planning
- Project management and managing teams
EA Licence No.: 15S7496
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.