- Newly created role
- Startup role (first counsel)
- Direct interaction with senior management
Our client, an exciting TMT startup headquartered in Singapore is looking to hire their first counsel. After disrupting the market and making huge waves in the Consumer market, they are looking to expand overseas. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced legal counsel to startup and build an international Legal function. Working closely with the co-founders and senior business stakeholders, you will be managing the full spectrum of legal work including (but not Limited to) drafting and negotiating complex contracts, advise on M&A transactions, provide regulatory insights, advise on market entry strategies and other Matters.
You are legally qualified (any jurisdiction) with at least 7 PQE. Strong experience within the TMT space (law firm or in-house) will be very well regarded. To be successful in the role, you will need to have strong stakeholder management skills, entrepreneurial, hands on and excited to be building something ground up.
- Build up the legal function from scratch
- Assist on market entry, M&A and other transactional matters
- Drafting, negotiating and reviewing of complex commercial contracts
- Provide advice on regulatory and statutory matters
- Play the role of a senior legal business partner to all key stakeholders in the organisation
- Bar qualification (min 7 PQE)
- Experience in the TMT space
- Keen interest to work in a startup environment (fast paced and exciting)
- Entrepreneurial with strong commercial acumen
- Mature, dependable and hands on
EA Licence No.: 15S7496
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.