Senior Legal Counsel (Min 6 PQE), UK Qualified - Global Shipping MNC
- Posted 13 May 2023
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineChief Operating Officer & Governance
- EA License No.15S7496
Our client, a global shipping company with offices across multiple continents is looking to fill a Legal Counsel (UK Qualified) role in Singapore (HQ).
Reporting to the General Counsel, the successful candidate will be joining a well-established global team in Singapore and be given the remit to advise on a broad range of matters in the shipping and international trade side of things, including but not limited to Contract of Affreightment, Bill of Lading, Letters of Indemnity, Insurance, and global projects. The focus of the role would be on the dry cargo and chartered vessel space.
The ideal candidate would be a UK-qualified lawyer with at least 6 years of experience (marine/international trade/shipping-focused law practice) OR a Claims professional (with a P&I Club).
We are conducting a global search and are happy to relocate the most qualified candidate to Singapore.
If you are keen to apply to this role, do send in your updated CV to email@example.com
- Draft, review, and negotiable a broad range of commercial contracts
- Advise on shipping-related matters i.e., FDD, COAs, BLs, LOIs, Insurance; etc
- Participate in group-wide projects and provide legal advisory input
- Assist in handling dispute-related matters (as and when required)
- Keep abreast of legal, compliance, and regulatory developments in the markets and businesses that the group is operating in and ensure policies and frameworks stay robust and relevant
- Involve in LMAA Arbitrations and High Court litigation matters
- LLB/LLM qualified or other relevant qualifications
- Bar qualification (UK Bar highly preferred) with at least 6 PQE or relevant years of experience as a Claims professional with a P&I Club (legal qualifications not a must)
- Prior experience gained in-house (Shipping companies, P&I Club) or/and marine/international trade/shipping-focused law practice.
- Excellent time management and project management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player who can operate independently and in a fast-paced environment