- A broad regional coverage across various APAC /ANZ jurisdictions
- Fast paced environment with interesting projects being pipelined
- An established legal team to learn from, led by a well-regarded Head of Legal
Our client, a regional MNC in the Education/ Healthcare/ Digital Media space is looking for a Senior Legal Counsel to join their team of 4.
This is an ideal role for a counsel with regional exposure, a strong corporate commercial / IP background , and a keen interest in the industry.
- Respond to tenders, draft, negotiate and review a wide range of work ranging from franchising, licensing, privacy, employment, corporate commercial
- Improve existing standard contracts, systems and procedures, provides training and guidance to internal clients.
- Manage the company’s IP portfolio
- Participate to and provide legal support for any mergers or acquisitions for the company
- Monitor and help the corporate secretarial matters such as annual general meeting and board meeting of the group entities within the region.
- Whenever expert assistance is required, liaise and coordinate work with external counsel or local firms
- Be a strong mentor to the junior members of the team
- Any other responsibilities that the Head of Legal may reasonably request for assistance on
- Legally educated, with at least 5 years of legal experience
- Strong experience in corporate commercial contracts, IP and franchising, privacy, and corporate secretarial work is ideal
- In-house experience is ideal but candidates from reputable private practice firms are welcome to apply
- Independent, initiated and able to provide commercial legal advice to the management
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.
EA Licence No.: 15S7496