- International asset management company with established expertise and presence in Asia.
- Diverse and dynamic collegiate work culture.
- Established Team
Our client, an international leading asset management company is looking to fill a newly created a Senior Legal Counsel, Derivatives (min 8 PQE) role.
Reporting into the Head of Legal, the successful candidate will take a lead role in advising on legal matters. Related to derivatives transactions. The scope will also include advising on general corporate commercial matters as well within the investment/fund management space.
The ideal candidate should be qualified to the commonwealth jurisdiction (min 8 PQE) and has prior in-house experience. With a financial institution, preferably with experience in developing in-house derivatives transaction documents.
To be successful in the role, you will need to be a team player, able to work independently and open to learning/contributing in broader areas beyond just the derivatives domain.
- Provide legal advisory on derivatives transactions
- Lead negotiations in ISDAs, GMRAs and GMSLAs
- Advise business on regulatory matters related to derivative negotiations and documentations
- Provide leadership in the development and maintenance of templates, precedents and policies related to derivative transactions and documentations
- Provide legal support and counsel in broader and general matters within the asset management business
- Support regional legal needs as and when required
- Collaborate effectively and foster relationships with key internal members (risk, ops, compliance) and investor teams.
- LLB/JD qualified
- Commonwealth Bar qualification (min 8 PQE)
- In-house experience with financial institutions(s) ideally with derivatives documentation and transaction scope
- Able to work independently while contributing to overall team objectives
- Interest in the asset management industry/business
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.
EA Licence No.: 15S749