- HQ role
- Well-backed by global financial institutions
- Highly visible
Our client, a high growth FinTech company well backed by global financial institutions is looking to fill a Senior Legal Counsel role.
Reporting into the CEO, this is a highly visible role with a broad mandate to advise on a wide array of legal, compliance and regulatory matters including but not limited to corporate commercial contracts, software/technology licensing, client contracts, IP, data privacy, M&A, fund-raising, and other transactional matters.
The ideal candidate should be a commonwealth qualified mid to senior lawyer (min 6 PQE) with strong experiences gained with top tier local and/or international law firms (either TMT or Corporate M&A Practices)
- Draft, review, and negotiable a broad range of commercial contracts
- Advise on transactional matters including M&A and fund-raising
- Advise on client-facing contracts (Global Financial Services companies)
- Advise on TMT/IP related matters including but not limited to (technology/software licensing contracts, IP including trademarks, data privacy and others)
- Advise on legal and regulatory aspects of product development/launch with the product team
- Keep abreast of legal, compliance and regulatory developments in relevant markets and business areas that the group is operating in and ensures policies and frameworks are stay robust and relevant
- Engage with relevant industry stakeholders within the relevant ecosystem and regulatory and industry-wide projects/initiatives
- Assist in handling disputes related matters (as and when required)
- LLB from a recognised institution
- 6 to 10 PQE (gained from top tier law firms and/or relevant in-house roles)
- Strong experiences gained from tier 1 TMT and/or M&A practice
- Prior experience in advising on Technology related matters within a global financial institution will be very well-regarded (although not a must)
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player who can operate independently
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.
EA Licence No.: 15S7496