- Posted 14 November 2023
- LocationUnited Kingdom
- Job type Permanent
My client, a well-known retail bank providing financial services to small and medium size businesses is seeking a Senior Java Developer to join their team.
This is a permanent role and you will be required to attend their London office on a hybrid basis.
About The Role
We have a unique opportunity for an experienced Senior Java Developer to join my client in a newly created role and have significant influence in the modernisation of their tech landscape.
- Play a senior role within one of our stream-aligned teams to deliver business value through effective software development practices
- Collaborate with product owners, stakeholders and business analysts to help inform what we build
- Work collaboratively within a wider team of developers, encouraging personal and team development through mentoring and sharing best practice
- Support alignment across technology leadership, share experiences and discover improved ways of working
- Encourage an inclusive and collaborative culture giving everyone an opportunity to make a difference and have fun
- Ensure our software and documentation meets expected standards and best practices to support a high quality of service
- Help evaluate new technologies and vendors to enable greater business value
Required Skills & Experience
- Significant experience leading an agile software engineering team working in a continuous delivery environment.
- Deep technical knowledge of Java and Spring Boot
- Automated testing, unit tests, integration tests, mocking etc
- Microservices and asynchronous messaging
- Experience running software in the cloud (AWS / Azure / GCP)
- An interest in working in a domain driven design environment
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to translate between technical and non technical language