- Working in Maldives which a beautiful island
- Excellent leadership role
- Competitive salary package
Our client is a reputable Real Estate Conglomerate, headquartered Singapore with more than 50 years of success history. They have recently started a critical project, building two hotels in Maldives as part of their business expansion. Hence, they are seeking a talented professional to join them as a Finance and Administration Manager. This role is required to be based in Maldives for 2 years before relocating back to Singapore or taking on another role in Maldives.
- Ensure all licence and application for import/export and procurement related items follow prevailing laws and regulations
- Administer reimbursement, statutory payments, insurance and other HR related matters for Maldives site team
- Implement procedures and processes for procurement and payments in accordance to corporate office approval matrix and statutory requirements
- Prepare regular management reports (weekly/monthly/quarterly) regarding project expenditures to corporate office
- Assist in the evaluation and review of contracts
- Update always expected project cash flows and petty cash in relation to project office to ensure timeliness of capital calls and adequacy of working capital
- Validate invoices and monitor budget variances and support corporate office in budget tracking
- Advise Consultants and Contractors with regards the status of their invoices / payments, as required, in coordination with Project Manager.
- Advise any changes of procedure and/or additional information required from Consultants and Contractors on their invoices as required by Finance Dept. and/or auditors and/or tax consultant in a timely manner to not delay the payment process.
- Co-ordinate with Project Manager and Cost consultant on site. Ensure Communication with Contractors and Consultants is coordinated with Project Manager (Mace) to ensure no commercial interference or claims.
- Carry out audit functions on Contractor and Consultant team payment processing and systems to ensure transparency and probity of process.
- Ensure that Bank financing requirements in respect of fund disbursements are met. Coordinate with Project Manager where appropriate to satisfy.
- Review the use of company seals for contracts/ government-related applications and maintain a register of usage.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy, Finance or ACCA
- Minimum 8 years of experience in Accounting, in which 1-2 years involve handling HR/administrative matters
- Willing to relocate to Maldives for minimum 2 years
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work will with various stakeholders
EA Licence No.: 15S7496
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.