Our client is a dynamic, global Commodities business looking to appoint a Senior Credit Risk Analyst to be based in Singapore.
This position will be responsible for managing credit risk exposure of your designated portfolio by performing risk assessment on counterparties, credit decision making within the delegated approval authority or providing credit advice/recommendation to the next level approvers, and enabling business growth by structuring or executing risk mitigation solutions that are within the Company’s risk appetite and credit policy. To be successful in delivering results, you will have to work closely and communicate effectively with the trading desks, various functions within the company as well as peers within internal credit team.
- Perform independent credit assessment on limit requests and or exceptional transactions and make credit advice / approval on the request
- Act as business partner to the commercial team in addressing customers credit needs and financing solutions
- Provide guidance to the commercial team on complex transactions, including but not limited to negotiating and structuring of credit terms to enable the transaction within acceptable risk framework
- Perform customer visit – particularly strategic accounts – to better understanding the market and assess risks appropriately
- Manage overall risk mitigations approach for designated portfolios and propose solutions to support growth
- Ensure self-compliancy to the policies in the day to day activities including credit reviews of existing limit and help to identify any elements of non-compliancy to the policies
- Provide input to the Regional Credit Manager in improving local processes or defining follow-up action plan to address such non-compliancy. Lead the implementation of agreed action plan.
- Develop understanding of credit policies and processes to other functions – formal or informal basis
- A minimum of 5-8 years experience working within a similar role within the Commodities industry
- Bachelor’s or Master Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or other business discipline or CFA
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to analyze financial statements and qualitative information in order to derive credit opinion
- Understanding of commodities trading – physical and paper, trade flow, mark-to-market and stress exposure
- Knowledge of international trade finance practices and international banking product
EA Licence No.: 15S7496
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.