- Fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Lead counsel for Singapore with high visibility to stakeholders, managing a team of 3
- Highly competitive salary package
Our client, a regional Shipping/ Marine MNC, is looking to hire a senior legal counsel to be part of their global legal team and leading the junior members of the team.
The ideal candidate has strong commercial exposure in the shipping/ marine space. This is a stable role with an established regional company, supporting their business across APAC.
- Drafting, negotiating and reviewing a wide range of commercial contracts
- Drafting and reviewing contracts and bid / tenders including charterparties, heads of agreement, memoranda for sale and purchase of vessels, insurances, crew contracts, agency agreements, and marketing agreement
- Resolving, negotiating and managing any potential disputes in the region
- Handle Mergers and acquisition and general corporate and banking matters; including reviewing, drafting, negotiating and/or instructing external counsels
- Commercially savvy and pragmatic legal advice in areas such as employment/ litigation/ licensing matters
- Updating and upholding compliance and internal regulations
- Liaising with and managing various business stakeholders
- At least 8 PQE, ideally called to the Singapore Bar
- Trained and practiced at a top law firm
- Ideally having in-house exposure and experience leading a team
- Experience in Shipping/Maritime work is ideal
- Initiated, driven, adaptable and with strong interpersonal skills
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.
EA Licence No.: 15S7496