- An exciting opportunity to join a growing business and risk management team
- You will report to the Head of Risk and will have exposure to senior stakeholders across the business
- You will be rewarded with a competitive salary and generous benefits package
Our client is a leading, global commodities business within the oil and gas sector which has gone through significant growth over the past few years and is set to continue its expansion across the US and Europe. You will be based in the Singapore office, reporting into the Head of Risk and will focus on identifying, measuring, monitoring and reporting on the market/credit/operational risks within the commercial and energy trading activities.
- Assist the Head of Risk in the implementation of the overall company Risk Management Framework
- Assist in the assessment of risks and implementation of appropriate limits for new activities and assess the materiality of gaps in the valuation and risk measurement of existing transactions.
- Conduct regular review on the appropriateness of established limits, in light of current trading book strategies and monitor established limits and compliance to trading and control policies.
- Conduct credit analysis on trading counterparties and establish/monitor credit limits set. Advise the trader on the availability of credit limits and the transaction mode that is permissible by counterparty.
- Compute, reconcile, analyse and report daily exposures and profit or loss of the various trading books.
- Bilingual in English and Chinese
- University Degree in a relevant discipline is required
- Demonstrable knowledge of the Energy Commodities Trading Industry & External Market
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Strong team player with ability to work collaboratively with external vendor, and internal staff in the Trading, Risk Management, Operations and Finance Departments
- Possess strong business acumen, good team spirit and excellent communication skills
EA Licence No.: 15S7496
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.