German Speaking CAT Modeller - München oder NRW
My client is a globally recognised player in the reinsurance broking space and have had double-digit year-on-year growth. This role is responsible for modelling CAT risk for European clients with a notable focus on Germany, Austria and Switzerland (DACH). Your team have experienced consistent growth over the last five years, and are recognised as a remarkably high-potential division.
- This role entails CAT Modelling for multiple European countries and working on all perils. You are responsible for providing analysis and insights on the changes to the model outputs, and if interested, on adjusting models to incorporate annual changes.
- You also have the choice to determine the nature of your job.
- My client offers you the chance to determine how your role develops. If you enjoy the technical modelling work, you can specialise in this.
- If you are interested in working directly with clients, in any capacity, you can also move towards client advocacy. This allows you to attend meetings with clients and colleagues from the sales functions, to directly communicate your analysis and translate the model to clients. As you grow in the role, this will evolve to discussing how the model changes will impact reinsurance purchasing behaviour. In this way, you will work closely also with the actuaries.
- Your role covers all perils.
- Your role covers multiple European jurisdictions.
- You will mainly work on Property Treaty
- Fluent German and advanced English language, in speaking and writing.
- 3-8 years' experience within CAT Modelling, either within insurance, reinsurance, broking or vendor firm.
- Passionate about your role, and excited by the prospect to work on varied and diverse projects. Your responsibilities will change over the year, and not be purely renewal modelling;
- Knowledge and experience of AIR models is advantageous;
- Excellent communication skills, and an enjoyment of discussing technical topics with diverse audiences both internally and with non-CAT Modellers.
If you are interested in CAT Modelling roles and this role specifically, then please send your CV. Alternatively, connect with me on LinkedIn and drop me a short message to arrange a time to discuss further. All connections are confidential.