- Global Company
- Management role
- Progression opportunities
This Global company specialises in the manufacture and design of orthopaedics products. As Medical Device Company has operations in more than 24 countries around the world and sells products in more than 100 countries.
The primary objective of the Area Sales Manager is to ensure attainment of sales objectives by maximizing the effectiveness and productivity of Sales Representatives.
The Area Sales Manager is responsible for overseeing the implementation of the assigned cluster sales strategy through the provision of leadership and direction to the Sales team. This responsibility involves a significant amount of time spent coaching and developing individuals through regularly scheduled field visits & other coaching activities, as well as ensuring that Sales Representatives are appropriately trained in the technical and interpersonal aspects of their role.
- Act as a liaison point between the Sales Representatives and the various internal departments (e.g., Marketing, Finance, Operations) whose work impacts or is impacted by field activities
- Maintaining high motivation and commitment from the sales team
- Co-ordinate and direct sales team to achieve annual sales targets, team target and individual territory targets
- Set performance goals for Sales Representatives and to monitor performance on a regular basis
- Monitor performance objectives on a regular and timely basis in accordance with agreed time frame
- Induct, train and coach new Sales Representatives in order to achieve maximum performance
- Analyse month end sales results by product, cluster
- Review reports to detect sales, market share and activity trends for sales team, Sales & Marketing Manager & Product Manager
- Identification of business opportunities through analysis of customers and trends within the area
- Communicate information to Sales Representatives and Sales & Marketing Manager
- Diploma/Degree in Business Management
- At least 5 years medical device sales and sales management experience
- Demonstrated experience in managing a sales team within the medical industry
- Experience in analysing sales data and interpreting trends, implications, etc
- Experience in developing, coaching and managing direct reports
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.
EA Licence No.: 15S7496