A leading reinsurance broker working globally (EMEA, APAC, LATAM, US) and as a market leader for treaty reinsurance business, is currently seeking a Broker to join their London based team and focus primarily on growing and maintaining their position in Turkey. The company prides itself on providing technical broking support and therefore this role could be suited to reinsurance professionals from a Broking, Underwriting, Actuarial, Risk or Financial Strategy background.
Primarily a reinsurance broker position, your duties would include end-to-end transaction management, from the originations of new clients and running meetings to ascertain client needs, through RFP processes and negotiations, to transaction delivery. You will interact regularly with clients, and work in a cross-functional team to ensure clients' requirements are met to the highest standard.
Should you come from a technical specialism, you would take the lead on translating technical nuance to diverse stakeholders. As required, you would also need to leverage and co-ordinate the delivery of analysis from colleagues based in various locations.
Whilst you would take responsibility for the Turkish market mostly, at the same time, you would also work on transactions in other regions as required, and join working groups that focus on new trends or emerging risks impacting the insurance industry, so to ensure the company is consistently a market-leader.
- Knowledge and understanding of reinsurance treaties, including (but not necessarily all) policy and wordings, pricing and risk management.
- Previous experience in working with diverse stakeholders, able to converse at a high level with colleagues and clients from different backgrounds.
- Experience of the Turkish reinsurance market is notably advantageous.
- Fluent or native Turkish language (written and spoken) is required and not negotiable. Fluency in English is also necessary.
- Strong communication skills and a collaborative, team-work approach to getting the job done.
- Comfortable at presenting to clients
- Experience as a Broker, Actuary or Underwriter is notably advantageous. Legal backgrounds are also useful.
The Next Steps:
If you are interested, please share a copy of your CV and I will look to arrange an informal call to discuss your background and experience in more detail. I can then also provide more insight on the role and discuss the interview process.
A Note - My client is ideally looking for someone with an EU or UK right-to-work so applicants with European passports will be prioritised, as will those already based in the UK.