- Regional coverage
- Newly created role in the region
- Broad remit
Our client is a well-established player in the Consumer Goods space. We have been mandated to help fill a newly created Regional General Counsel role based out of Singapore. Reporting into the region’s Business Head, you will be given a broad remit to manage legal, compliance, regulatory and broader corporate affairs related matters in the region. This is a senior leadership and management role (circa 10+ direct reports across the region).
You are JD/LLB/LLM qualified and called to the Bar with at least 15 PQE. You have a proven track record in leading big legal and corporate affairs teams across multiple jurisdictions and have dealt with complex commercial, legal, compliance and regulatory matters in non-homogeneous markets. Prior experience in the Consumer Goods sector will be well regarded (but not a must).
To be successful in the role, you need to demonstrate strategic thinking, senior stakeholder management skills and the ability to manage and build teams.
- Manage all legal, compliance, regulatory and corporate affairs matters across the region.
- Participate and contribute to strategy discussions and planning as a member of the regional leadership team.
- Provide leadership, mentorship and guidance to more than 10 direct reports
- Advise senior business stakeholders on possible legal risks and provide relevant mitigation strategies.
- Ensure compliance to company’s policies and be kept abreast of developments/changes to regulatory requirements.
- Engage with regulatory, governmental and NGO bodies on a regular basis and play a key role in shaping a fair and positive operating environment for the business in the region.
- Engage and manage external counsel as and when required.
- JD/LLB/LLM qualified and called to the Bar.
- Min 15 PQE
- Mixed of MNC in-house and top tier law firm experience.
- Strong experience in regional leadership roles in legal, compliance, regulatory and corporate affairs.
- Prior experience in Consumer Goods/FMCG sector a plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven track record in leading and building teams.
- Strong corporate presence/gravitas
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.
EA Licence No.: 15S7496