Privacy Lawyer, Global Fintech (4+ PQE)
- Posted 21 February 2023
- LocationHong Kong
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineChief Operating Officer & Governance
- EA License No.15S7496
Our client is a global fintech with a wide portfolio of businesses in the forefront of technology.
Sitting in the high-calibre international legal team spanning across multiple regions, the successful candidate plays a critical role in driving the privacy compliance framework internally, while also acting as key point of contact for all privacy related commercial matters in the Greater Bay Area.
Candidates with minimum 4 PQE in private practice or in-house, with data privacy/protection experience are welcomed to apply. Conversational mandarin would be well preferred, in liaising with stakeholders.
If you (or someone in your network) are keen to apply for this role, please send in an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Advise and manage matters relating to the privacy compliance framework across APAC region.
- Support in drafting and implementing privacy policies and programs, day to day data management, and educating colleagues on data privacy/protection topics.
- Collaborating closely with legal, compliance, and various business teams to support large scale product rollouts across multiple jurisdictions.
- Keep abreast of pertinent laws/regulation with commercial application in mind, and cooperate with functional teams to navigate requirements.
- Contribute to risk assessment from privacy perspective, and assist in auditing, licensing, and other processes.
- Manage external counsels in various jurisdictions to ensure product deadlines.
- Qualified to the bar with at least 4 PQE.
- Relevant experience in financial regulations, payments, or fintech domain would be well regarded.
- Conversational/reading proficiency in Mandarin Chinese.
- Excellent project management and communication skills, able to function independently and within diverse team.
- Highly attuned to business needs and able to apply legal expertise accordingly.
- Resilient and adaptable to dynamic work environment.
- Able to learn quickly and function as a key decision maker independently.