A global commodity trading software company are looking for a principle architect to head up the product development of 3 new green energy trading solution products. You'd be embedded in a innovative company with a number of product engineering teams developing cloud-native trading platforms for the power and energies markets.
Role: Principle Software Engineer/Lead Architect
Location: Remote (must have UK right to work and be UK based)
Length: 9-12 Months
Rate: £100 - £150 p/hour
Hands: 30% Hands on
In the midst of an energy crisis, the green energy revolution is under way and reliance on intermittent renewable energies in larger than ever. As an integral part in the development of commodity trading platforms, you would be leading the architecture, designing and building with the green energy product team of 18. Creating a holistic short-term power trading solution.
- .Net Core 3.1+
- Cloud Native
- Real-time / Near Real-time Data Streaming technologies
- Containerisation - Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS)
- Cloud Orchestration
- On-Premise to cloud migrations
- Hands on experience on different architectures such as Microservices, SOA, Event Driven etc.
- Ability to lead or conduct technology evaluations and POCs when architectural spikes are needed.
- Work in collaboration with other Principal Software Development Engineers in defining the reference architecture across their product portfolio
- Work with the CTO to provide technology guidance and direction, working globally with engineering teams while splitting work between different product portfolios
- Design and develop enterprise solutions that will fit into long-term business objectives
- Participate in deep architectural and requirement analysis discussions to build client confidence and ensure success in building new and migrating existing applications, software and services onto the technology platform
- End-to-end impact assessment of any change requests on different products and roadmap, looking for areas to reuse technology assets
- Collaboratively building technology strategies (cloud adoption, monitoring, integrations, etc.) and governing them through the SDLC
- Facilitate innovation forums internally and externally
- Ability to influence, manage and facilitate change, within internal teams and externally in matrix environment
- Establish credibility and build deep relationships with senior technical staff to generate common understanding and relate their challenges to platform development strategy
Are you currently looking for a new contract? Do you have the above skills? Apply now.