- Global exposure
- Excellent platform for practising lawyers to continue with M&A transactional work an in-house role
- Open to candidates not currently based in Singapore. Fantastic opportunity for an M&A lawyer in a different jurisdiction to expand on his/her remit
This publicly-listed company runs most of its global functions out of the Singapore office, where key M&A projects are driven out of both the Singapore and US offices.
This role will be part of the global M&A team, working with stakeholders across Asia, London and the US offices.
Reporting to the Global Head of Legal for M&A based in the US, you will also oversee a legal counsel based in the Singapore office. Legal takes on a lead business partner role in structuring and negotiating deals, and counsel should enjoy this level of involvement.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a M&A lawyer from private practice to transit into an in-house role, where you can continue to be involved in complex transactions and high deal flow.
- Advise on a wide variety of M&A matters, including due diligence preparation and review, financings, strategic investments and real estate sales and/or leasing
- Reviewing, drafting, and negotiating M&A/financing transactional agreements
- Collaborate with stakeholders within the legal team (commercial, IP, regulatory, and compliance), as well as with the business stakeholders in different offices globally
- A J.D., LLB or LLM (or equivalent) with bar admission in at least one relevant jurisdiction
- A minimum of seven years of post-qualification experience, ideally gained with an international law firm or top regional law firm
EA Licence No.: 15S7496
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.