- HQ environment
- High visibility
- Lead role
Our client, a global conglomerate is looking to fill a Senior legal counsel role based out of Singapore. Reporting into the Deputy General Counsel, you will be part of an established global legal team with the mandate to advise business stakeholders on a broad range of legal matters specifically in the real estate business. While there is a sector focus, the successful candidate will also be given the opportunity to work on matters in other non-real estate business lines.
- Draft, review and negotiate broad range commercial agreements related to the Real Estate industry
- Advise business stakeholders on land acquisition/bids, sale and purchase agreements, en-bloc, leasing, joint ventures and other matters
- Advise stakeholders on possible legal risk and provide mitigation strategies
- Support the legal department in managing any litigation or contentious matters across the region
- Ensure compliance to company’s policies and regulatory requirements
- Assist in the drafting of policies, guidelines, legal templates and other documents to ensure best practices
- Coordinate and liaise directly with external counsels (mostly on leasing matters)
- LLB/LLM qualified (min 8 PQE)
- Bar qualification from a commonwealth jurisdiction (Singapore preferred)
- Strong in-house (real estate) and/or law firm (real estate practice) experience will be well regarded but not a must
- Candidates coming straight from law firm will be more than welcomed to apply.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player who can operate independently and in a fast paced environment
The company has a progressive environment, flat hierarchy and high growth trajectory.
To be successful in the role, you will need to be collaborative, independent, hands on and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
If you are keen to apply to this role, do send in your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.
EA Licence No.: 15S7496