- Newly created headcount
- High growth trajectory
- Direct reporting line into HQ (US)
Our client, a US headquartered internet company with global presence is looking to fill a newly created legal/Senior legal counsel role based out of Singapore. Reporting into the Senior Legal Director based in the US, you will be part of an established global legal team with the mandate to advise business stakeholders on a broad range of legal matters. The key focus of this role is to help with the company’s continued international and APAC expansion.
You are LLB/LLM qualified with 5-8 PQE (Commonwealth Bar. Singapore preferred). Prior in-house experience in Technology companies will be very well regarded.
The company has an open, progressive culture and champions diversity and staff empowerment.
To be successful in the role, you will need to be collaborative, independent, hands on and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Draft, review and negotiate broad range commercial agreements related to the Internet/Technology industry
- Advise business stakeholders on advertising and media buying, SaaS, licensing, content production, data protection and Intellectual Property matters
- Advise stakeholders on possible legal risk and provide mitigation strategies
- Support the legal department in managing any litigation or contentious matters across the region
- Ensure compliance to company’s policies and regulatory requirements
- Assist in the drafting of policies, guidelines, legal templates and other documents to ensure best practices
- Coordinate and liaise directly with external counsels
- LLB/LLM qualified (min 5 PQE)
- Bar qualification from a commonwealth jurisdiction (Singapore preferred)
- Strong in-house experience with Technology companies will be well regarded
- Experience in data protection, intellectual property, digital media, internet and telecommunication partnerships will be well regarded
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player who can operate independently and in a fast paced environment
EA Licence No.: 15S7496
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.