- Newly created headcount
- Highly visible role
- Direct interaction with senior business stakeholders
Our client, an international media group is looking to fill newly created legal/senior legal counsel role based out of Singapore. Reporting into the Head of the business unit, you will be given the mandate to advise business stakeholders on a broad range of legal matters in the media relate domain as well as general corporate commercial matters (content licensing, production, sales & distribution, Intellectual Property, joint ventures, financing and others)
You are LLB/LLM qualified with at least 6 PQE (Commonwealth Bar). Prior in-house experience in media companies will be well regarded. Candidates coming straight from law firm will good experience in advising on media related matters welcomed to apply.
The company has a progressive, flexible and open work culture.
To be successful in the role, you will need to be collaborative, independent, hands on and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Draft, review and negotiate broad range commercial agreements relevant to the Media space
- Advise business stakeholders on content, licensing, IP and regulatory matters across the region
- Advise stakeholders on possible legal risk and provide mitigation strategies
- Support the legal department in managing any litigation or contentious matters across the region
- Ensure compliance to company’s policies pertaining production, programming and other media related maters
- Assist in the drafting of policies, guidelines, legal templates and other documents to ensure best practices
- Coordinate and liaise directly with external counsels
- LLB/LLM qualified (min 6 PQE)
- Bar qualification from a commonwealth jurisdiction
- Strong in-house (media companies) and/or law firm (media practice) experience will be well regarded
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player who can operate independently and in a fast paced environment
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.
EA Licence No.: 15S749