- Newly created headcount
- Highly visible role
- Regional scope
Our client, an international co-working company on a high-growth trajectory is looking to fill a newly created Legal Director role.
Reporting into the COO and being part of the company’s leadership team, the successful candidate will be given a regional remit and advise on a broad range of legal matters. Day to day scope will include but not limited to advising on real estate transactions, general corporate commercial matters, disputes matters (as and when required), corporate governance, policies/frameworks, commercial contracts; etc.
The ideal candidate would be a commonwealth qualified lawyer (SG preferred) with at least 5 to 10 years of experience ideally gained in leading law firms and in-house role(s). Prior experience/passion in the real estate/hospitality or related industry will be very well-regarded.
To be successful in the role, you will need have strong business acumen, be a team player, have excellent stakeholder management and communication skills. Being hands on, having the interest to build out the legal function and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment will be highly desirable attributes.
- Draft, review, and negotiable a broad range of commercial contracts
- Advise on real estate transactions across multiple jurisdictions
- Provie sound and commercial legal advice to the C-suite team and business stakeholders
- Assist in handling disputes related matters (as and when required)
- Keep abreast of legal, compliance and regulatory developments in the markets and businesses that the group is operating in and ensures policies and frameworks are stay robust and relevant
- Support in the company’s growth and expansion plans into new markets and locations
- Set up processes and policies to enhance business operations and commercial outcomes
- Work with outside service providers on corporate secretarial matters
- Advise on corporate governance, regulatory and compliance matters including PDPA/Data Privacy matters
- Bar qualification (SG preferred) with 5 to 10 PQE
- Prior experience with leading law firm (corporate/real estate practice) and relevant in-house roles (hospitality/real estate groups) will be very well-regarded.
- Excellent time management and project management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player who can operate independently and in a fast-paced environment
- Leadership qualities