- Wealth Management
- Highly visible role
- Established Team
Our client, global financial services company is looking to fill a Legal Counsel, Wealth Management (min 4 PQE) role.
Reporting into the Head of Legal, you will be part of an established team and be given the remit to primarily advise on banking products catered to the well-heeled wealth clients.
You are LLB/LLM qualified with 4 (min) to 7 PQE gained from a leading law firm (Banking & Finance Practice) or from an in-house role with a leading financial institution.
To be successful in the role, you will need to be independent, take ownership in delivering, and be a team player.
- Drafting, negotiating, and reviewing commercial contracts across the group
- Advise business stakeholders on a broad range of legal and regulatory topics relevant to wealth management business and products
- Identifying and managing risk and liability face by the business in their areas of operations
- Ensure adherence to bank wide framework, policies, and product approval processes
- Play the role of a strong legal business partner to help business team achieve commercial objectives
- Ensure compliance to relevant laws in all jurisdictions
- Handle disputes matters as and when they come up, strategising strategy with external support (whenever required)
- Bar qualification (min 4 PQE)
- Strong experience gained in leading law firms (Banking & Finance) and/or in-house role with a leading financial institution
- Independent and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Interest in the financial services industry and being involved in latest developments in products and services (especially with Technological input)
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.
EA Licence No.: 15S7496