- Global MNC with broad regional scope
- Dynamic and international environment, with an established and affable Legal Team Lead
- Competitive package with strong bonuses
Our client, a global MNC in the F&B/ FMCG space, is looking to hire a legal counsel as part of their APAC regional team.
This role will support the business across the SEA region, and handling a wide range of commercial contracts, negotiation, mergers and acquisitions as well as disputes.
This role will be a key partner for the business and interface directly with team leads and country management
- Advise on a range of regulatory, operational, corporate and commercial issues as well ass employment and labour matters.
- Managing the IP portfolio and disputes, if any
- Legal support for the mergers, acquisitions and business development and M&A projects in APAC
- Keeping the management abreast of necessary data protection, privacy and anti-corruption laws and regulations
- Advising on potential compliance measures to manage risks
- Providing advice on compliance with corporate governance requirements
- Acts as Local Compliance Officer for respective entities and markets.
- Identifies, assesses and manages levels of (corporate) risk for internal clients/corporate projects to ensure minimum future liability and cost exposure for the organization.
- Being an effective business partner to the regional management teams
- Called to the Bar in a commonwealth jurisdiction
- At least 5 PQE, from a top law firm or reputable inhouse team
- Corporate/ IP/ Compliance experience is ideal
- Excellent commercial drafting skills and transactional exposure
- Litigation/ Corporate secretarial experience would be an added advantage
- Mandarin or Bahasa fluency is not a requirement but can be helpful given the regional scope
- Initiated, creative problem solver, effective communicator
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.
EA Licence No.: 15S7496