- Newly created headcount
- Exciting and fast paced environment
- Opportunity to be part of a promising and high growth FinTech business
Our client, a leading regional FinTech company in the payments space, is looking to fill a newly created Regulatory & Compliance Counsel role. Reporting into the Head of Legal & Compliance, you will primarily be supporting and advising business stakeholders on regulatory and compliance related matters.
Working closely with both Legal and other departments, you will be the point person dealing with regulators on matters pertaining (but not limited to) Licensing and approval applications, compliance requirements i.e. AML/CFT and other related topics. You should be providing regulatory analysis of proposed business/operation structure, new products and help to prepare submissions to secure regulatory and licensing approvals for services, products and platforms.
General corporate commercial aspect of the role will include drafting, reviewing and negotiation a wide array of commercial agreements ranging from Marketing services contracts, vendor agreements, software licensing and others.
You are legally qualified (commonwealth preferred) with ideally min 5 PQE. Relevant experience in Financial Regulatory law gained in law firms and in-house will be well regarded.
To be successful in the role, you will need to be a team player, able to work independently, function well in a high pressure and fast paced environment. Strong passion for fintech/startup would also be critical to do well in the role.
- Interact and build relationship with regulators
- Ensure regulatory and compliance requirement/obligations from the company are met
- Kept abreast of developments in the Financial Services Regulatory space
- Manage external counsels whenever required
- Assist on submissions to obtain regulatory and licensing approvals
- Advise on general corporate commercial matters
- Support the Head of Legal & Compliance on any other matters at the group level
- Bar qualification (min 5 PQE)
- Experience in the Financial Services Regulatory space (in-house or law firm)
- Keen interest to work in a fast-paced environment and deal with frontier topics within the FinTech space
- Commercial and solutions driven
- Mature, independent and hands on
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.
EA Licence No.: 15S7496