- An international real estate company
- Highly visible role
- Great for career growth
We have been exclusively mandated by our client, an international real estate company listed in Singapore to fill a Group Corporate Counsel role.
Reporting directly into the senior management, this is a highly visible role with the mandate to manage and advise on the full gamut of legal & compliance matters including but not limited to real estate transactions, M&A, Financing and general corporate commercial matters
You are LLB/LLM qualified with at least 5 PQE (Commonwealth jurisdiction, Singapore preferred) gained in law firms and/or in-house roles. Experience in the real estate sector would be very well regarded. Candidates currently in private practice welcomed to apply.
To be successful in the role, you will need to be collaborative, commercial, hands-on and independent.
- Draft, review and negotiate broad range of commercial agreements
- Advise on transactional matters (M&A, JVs and, Financing) related to the Real Estate industry
- Advise stakeholders on possible legal risk and provide mitigation strategies related to real estate transactions and other general corporate commercial matters
- Play a lead role in handling land related matters (land leases and liaison with relevant authorities)
- Provide support to the corporate secretariat department (and manage external service providers) and ensure compliance to statutory requirements
- Manage any other ad-hoc general corporate commercial and compliance matters
- Coordinate and liaise directly with external counsels on transactions and other matters (in SG and overseas markets)
- LLB/LLM qualified (min 5 PQE)
- Bar qualification from a commonwealth jurisdiction (Singapore preferred)
- Transactional experience gained in law firm or in-house
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Prior experience in Real Estate sector will be well regarded
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.
EA Licence No.: 15S7496