- Direct reporting into senior management
- Global coverage
- Transactional role
Our client, an international investment holding company with diverse portfolio (including controlling stakes in listed real estate companies) is looking to fill a legal counsel role.
Reporting directly into the senior management, this is a highly visible role with the mandate to manage and advise on matters related to M&A/JVs (diversified industries) and Real Estate transactions across the world
- Draft, review and negotiate broad range of commercial agreements
- Advise on transactional matters (M&A, JVs and, Financing) related to Real Estate and other industries
- Advise stakeholders on possible legal risk and provide mitigation strategies related to corporate transactions and other general corporate commercial matters
- Provide due diligence on investments and advise management on market entry and deal structuring from a legal perspective
- Ensure compliance to local and international laws/regulatory requirements on all transactions
- Manage any other ad-hoc general corporate commercial and compliance matters
- Coordinate and liaise directly with external counsels on transactions and other matters (in SG and overseas markets)
- LLB/LLM qualified (min 5 PQE)
- Bar qualification from a commonwealth jurisdiction (Singapore preferred)
- Transactional experience gained in law firm or in-house
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Chinese (written and verbal) skill a must
- Prior experience in Real Estate sector will be well regarded
You are LLB/LLM qualified with at least 5 PQE (Commonwealth jurisdiction, Singapore preferred) gained in law firms and/or in-house roles. Experience in corporate transactions (M&A/JVs) a must. Candidates currently in private practice welcomed to apply but in-house experience is preferred. Chinese skill (written and verbal) is also a must due to significant business deals in China.
To be successful in the role, you will need to be commercial, hands on and independent.
If you are keen to apply to this role, do send in your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.
EA Licence No.: 15S7496