- Direct reporting into senior management
- Global coverage
- Transactional role
Our client, an international investment holding company with diverse portfolio (including controlling stakes in listed real estate companies) is looking to fill a legal counsel role.
Reporting directly into the senior management, this is a highly visible role with the mandate to manage and advise on matters related to M&A/JVs (diversified industries) and Real Estate transactions across the world.
You are LLB/LLM qualified with at least 5 PQE (Commonwealth jurisdiction, Singapore preferred) gained in law firms and/or in-house roles. Experience in corporate transaction (M&A/JVs) a must. Candidates currently in private practice welcomed to apply but in-house experience is a preferred. Chinese skill (written and verbal) is also a must due to significant business deals in China.
To be successful in the role, you will need to be commercial, hands on and independent.
- Draft, review and negotiate broad range of commercial agreements
- Advise on transactional matters (M&A, JVs and, Financing) related to Real Estate and other industries
- Advise stakeholders on possible legal risk and provide mitigation strategies related to corporate transactions and other general corporate commercial matters
- Provide due diligence on investments and advise management on market entry and deal structuring from a legal perspective
- Ensure compliance to local and international laws/regulatory requirements on all transactions
- Manage any other ad-hoc general corporate commercial and compliance matters
- Coordinate and liaise directly with external counsels on transactions and other matters (in SG and overseas markets)
- LLB/LLM qualified (min 5 PQE)
- Bar qualification from a commonwealth jurisdiction (Singapore preferred)
- Transactional experience gained in law firm or in-house
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Chinese (written and verbal) skill a must
- Prior experience in Real Estate sector will be well regarded
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.
EA Licence No.: 15S7496