- Well-established team
- Highly visible
- HQ environment
Our client, a public listed real estate and investment holding company with diverse portfolio is looking to fill a newly created legal counsel role.
Reporting directly into the General Counsel, this is a highly visible role with the mandate to manage and advise on a broad spectrum of general corporate, transaction and corporate secretarial matters.
You are LLB/LLM qualified with at least 3-6 PQE (Bar qualification, jurisdiction not critical) gained in law firms and/or in-house roles. Candidates currently in private practice welcomed to apply but in-house experience will be well regarded. Bahasa Melayu/Indonesia (written and verbal) is also a must due to significant business deals in relevant markets.
To be successful in the role, you will need to be a team player, has strong work ethics, hands on and independent.
- Draft, review and negotiate broad range of commercial agreements
- Advise on transactional matters (M&A, JVs and, Financing) related to Real Estate and other industries
- Advise stakeholders on possible legal risk and provide mitigation strategies related to corporate transactions and other general corporate commercial matters
- Provide due diligence on investments and advise management on market entry and deal structuring from a legal perspective
- Ensure compliance to local and international laws/regulatory requirements on all transactions
- Manage any other ad-hoc general corporate commercial and compliance matters
- Coordinate and liaise directly with external counsels on transactions and other matters (in SG and overseas markets)
- Support a separate corporate secretarial team on related matters whenever necessary
- LLB/LLM qualified (min 3 PQE)
- Bar qualification from a commonwealth jurisdiction (Singapore preferred)
- Transactional experience gained in law firm or in-house
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- English and Bahasa Melayu/Indonesia (written and verbal) skill a must
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.
EA Licence No.: 15S7496