- Highly visible role
- Broad scope
- Collegial team
Our client, a European MNC and a leader in its industry is looking to fill a Legal Counsel, Real Estate (2-4 PQE) role.
Reporting into the Head of Legal & Compliance, the successful candidate will be given the remit to work on a broad range of legal matters including but not limited to advising on real estate deals (end to end transactional scope), general corporate commercial, as well as compliance policies; etc.
The ideal candidate should LLB qualified from a widely recognised institution and called to the Bar (commonwealth jurisdiction preferred). 2-4 PQE would be the years of experience that we are looking for. Candidates with relevant experience gained in-house would be very well regarded. Candidates with relevant in-house experience but not called to the Bar or candidates coming straight from practice are welcome to apply.
To be successful in the role, you will need have strong business acumen, be a team player, have excellent stakeholder management and communication skills. Being hands on, having the interest to build out the legal function and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment will be highly desirable attributes.
- Draft, review, and negotiate commercial contracts
- Advise on real estate transactional matters (term sheets, S&P agreements; etc)
- Identify and mitigate legal risk in all transactions
- Advise stakeholders on legal, regulatory and compliance matters relevant to real estate, developments, acquisitions, and disposals; etc)
- Ensure adherence to the company’s policies, processes, and framework
- Keep abreast of legal and regulatory development in the real estate industry across the region
- Advise on general corporate commercial matters
- Manage/instruct external counsels supporting on transactional matters as and when required
- Bar qualification (min 2 PQE) from a Commonwealth jurisdiction
- Law firm experience gained from reputable corporate real estate practice
- In-house experience in the Real estate (and related) sector a plus