- Group HQ environment
- Broad scope
- Regional coverage
We have been exclusively appointed by our client, a leading professional and corporate services MNC to fill a newly created legal counsel (5 to 8 PQE).
Reporting into the General Counsel, you will be given the remit to manage and advise on a broad range of legal, compliance and regulatory matters at the group level (regional scope).
To be successful in the role, you will need to be a team player and have strong commercial acumen. Prior experience in corporate services/professional services industry would be well regarded (but not required).
- Draft, review and negotiate broad range of commercial contracts (service level agreements, NDAs, engagement letters, software licensing agreements; etc)
- Assist in developing compliance policies (including data protection related topics), framework and ensure strong adherence across the company.
- keeps abreast of relevant legal and regulatory developments that will affect business operations and advise stakeholders accordingly.
- Provide legal advice to corporate functions on various matters i.e., with HR with regards to employment related matters
- Manage external counsels as and when required.
- Assist in managing contentious/dispute matters as and when issues come up.
- Provide legal advice and structuring on new products/services.
- Support in advising on transactional matters (M&A, financing, investments; etc) as and when required.
- Periodically conduct legal and compliance training to colleagues
- LLB/Juris Doctor qualification from a recognised institution
- Qualified to the Bar (Singapore preferred but open to Commonwealth jurisdictions)
- Between 5 to 8 PQE gained from law firm and in-house (prior experience in similar industry i.e., corporate services/professional services a major plus but not required
- Strong commercial acumen and a proven team player
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.
EA Licence No.: 15S7496