- Large and well-established team, with strong senior mentors
- Broad scope of work, happy to take candidates directly from private practice
- Highly competitive bonus package
Our client, an Oil & Gas/ Trading MNC, is looking to hire a legal counsel to be part of their team of 20. The ideal candidate has strong litigation experience, ideally exposed to shipping/ trading matters.
This is a stable role with an established global company, supporting their trading business and working with top-tier lawyers in the team. This is an excellent first in-house role, where my client appreciates those with a strong work ethic, motivated and driven to excel.
- Drafting, negotiating and reviewing a wide range of commercial contracts
- Resolving and negotiating any potential disputes
- Keeping the management and team abreast of the latest developments in the relevant areas of law
- Commercially savvy and pragmatic legal advice
- Updating and upholding compliance and internal regulations
- Liaising with and managing various business stakeholders
- Advising the business on a variety of legal matters
- At least 3 PQE, called to the Singapore or Malaysian Bar
- Litigation experience, ideally in Shipping/ Trading
- A demonstrable loyalty to the company you work/ worked in
- Conversational Mandarin fluency is preferred, given the regional scope of work
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.
EA Licence No.: 15S7496