- Fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Broad scope of work, happy to take candidates directly from private practice
- Highly competitive salary package
Our client, an Oil & Gas/ Trading MNC, is looking to make their first legal legal counsel in Singapore to be part of their global legal team.
The ideal candidate has strong transactional experience in the oil & gas/ commodities space. This is a stable role with an established global company, supporting their business expansion across APAC.
- Providing sound and practicable legal advice to support the Group and their affiliates in the Asia Pacific Region
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating a wide range of commercial contracts relating but not limited to M&A, shipping, oil & gas and energy matters
- Be involved in project work such as fund raising & M&A
- Cross-border legal work pertaining to the developing markets (e.g. Myanmar, Cambodia, Indonesia)
- Compliance work – anti-bribery & FCPA, regulatory & competition
- Managing litigations, claims and disputes
- Providing general labour and employment legal advice
- Managing and liaising with external counsels where necessary
- Overseeing legal documentation classification, filing and retention
- Provide training and education to the company’s employees on legal issues and risks
- Any other projects and assignments as directed from time to time.
- Qualified to practice in a Commonwealth jurisdiction, with at least 4 years of Post-Qualified Experience
- Trained and practiced at a top tier law firm
- Strong experience in transactional M&A matters
- Industrial experience from Shipping/Oil&Gas/Energy is highly preferred
- Experienced in dealing with cross-border transactions, exposure to the Myanmar/Cambodia/Indonesia markets are preferred
- Fluency in Mandarin is an advantage given the regional coverage of the role
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.
EA Licence No.: 15S7496