- Forefront industry position
- Regional focus
- Fast paced and innovation driven space
Our client, a headlining global FinTech company is looking to fill a Legal Counsel role in the key unit of Payments.
Reporting into the Lead Counsel, the successful candidate will be providing legal and regulatory advice for domestic and international business stakeholders. The key remit of the role will be full spectrum contract management and negotiation, but the scope will also include regular interdepartmental support.
Experience in e-commerce/FinTech/payments will be well regarded (but not required), and candidates with tenure in reputable international law firms would be fitting for the role.
The successful candidate is legally qualified (US/UK preferred) with at least 6 PQE. Proficiency in both English and Chinese (spoken and written) are essential in business duties. Keen interest or trajectory in the FinTech sphere and adaptability in a fast-paced environment would be key factors in high performance in this role.
- Advise on legal and regulatory aspects of day-to-day operations and commercial transactions.
- Draft, review and negotiate contract agreements with banks, service providers, financial services, and clients.
- Work closely with compliance team domestically and globally on regulatory matters.
- Remote and in-person drafting of standard form contracts for clientele.
- Keeping informed of legal and regulatory developments in the relevant space to provide pertinent advice for management.
- Implement training and workshops for co-workers regarding pertinent legal matters.
- Assist Lead Counsel as required.
- Bar qualification (min 6 PQE), common law qualifications preferred.
- Experience in payments/tech/financial spaces well regarded.
- Practise in top international/multinational law firms.
- Conversational and written proficiency in English and Chinese.
- Resilient and punctual work ethic.
- Collaborative team member with good communication skills.
- Strong foundation in legal knowledge, able to adapt and function independently.
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.
EA Licence No.: 15S749