- Exciting and fast paced environment
- Interesting and frontier topics in FinTech
- Regional scope
Our client, a global leading FinTech company is looking to fill a Legal Counsel role in one of its key business units (Payments).
Reporting into the Lead Counsel for the business unit, the successful candidate will primarily be supporting and advising business stakeholders on a broad range of legal, compliance and regulatory matters. Key scope will include drafting, reviewing and negotiating complex commercial contracts, advise stakeholders on financial services regulatory matters and support business stakeholders on any other relevant legal advisory matters. Working closely with cross functional teams on a regular basis would be a daily affair.
Prior experience in Payments, e-commerce/internet and FinTech companies will be well regarded (although not necessary). Candidates with strong transactional experience gained with top international will be well suited for the role.
You are legally qualified (US/UK/HK preferred) with ideally min 6 PQE. Chinese skills (written and spoken) is required due to business needs. To be successful in the role, you will need to be a team player, able to work independently, function well in a high pressure and fast paced environment. Strong passion for fintech and a positive mindset/attitude will be critical to be successful in the role.
- Draft, review and negotiate commercial contracts
- Partner closely with global legal team and advise on various legal, compliance and regulatory matters
- Kept abreast of developments in the FinTech landscape (specifically in payments and related domains) across the Asia region
- Manage external counsels whenever required
- Assist on submissions to obtain regulatory and licensing approvals whenever required
- Advise on general corporate commercial matters
- Support the Lead Counsel on any other matters
- Bar qualification (min 6 PQE)
- Transactional experience gain in top Hong Kong or International law firms (preferred)
- Keen interest to work in a fast-paced environment and deal with frontier topics within the Payments space
- Commercial and solutions driven
- Mature, independent and hands on
- Chinese skills (written and spoken)
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.
EA Licence No.: 15S749