- Prominent global brand
- Based in Brazil
- Cutting edge innovative space
Our client, a trailblazing global FinTech company is looking to fill a Legal Counsel & Data Protection Officer role.
The successful candidate will be based in Brazil, working with business stakeholders to manage legal, regulatory and data concerns across all commercial activities. Key scopes will include serving as the data protection officer and coordinating the legal and compliance side of business initiatives.
Experience (as legal or regulatory advisory counsel) in financial services and technological spheres is well regarded.
A minimum of 6 PQE and legal qualifications in Brazil are required. Candidates proficient in Chinese will be regarded favorably.
- Manage legal, regulatory and privacy issues across broad spectrum of business activities in partnership with business units.
- Tenure as data protection officer in commercial initiatives in Brazil.
- Work jointly with wide-ranging professionals and business units for product/service launch.
- Key liaison for legal and compliance matters.
- Oversee external counsels in delivering punctual, profitable and effective legal advice.
- Keep informed in legal and regulatory changes in the industry.
- Manage relationships with regulatory parties.
- LLB from well-established Brazilian law school is mandatory.
- Legally qualified to practice in Brazil.
- 6-10 PQE is ideal.
- Well versed in contract analysis, drafting, reviewing, and negotiating.
- Interest in the FinTech and innovation sphere is critical.
- Self-motivated learner and team player.
- Resilient in fast-paced environment and adept at problem solving.
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.
EA Licence No.: 15S749