- Newly created headcount
- Well-established player in the industry
- Highly visible role
Our client, a well-established European headquartered MNC in the Renewable Energy development space is looking to fill a newly created Legal Counsel role based out of their Seoul, South Korea office.
Reporting into the APAC Head of Legal, this is an exciting new role for candidates with relevant experiences to apply. Day to day scope will include advising on project development/finance, EPC, O&M, land docs, PPA, offtake arrangements and other relevant matters in the renewable energy space.
The ideal candidate should be an effectively bilingual (Korean and English) qualified lawyer with experiences gained in top tier local and/or international law firm (Project Finance/Project Development Practices). Candidates with strong transactional experience would be a must. Relevant industry experience gained in-house will be very well-regarded.
- Draft, review, and negotiable a broad range of commercial contracts relevant to the development, construction, and sale of renewable energy projects
- Advise on transactional matters including M&A, Project Development/Finance, front-end EPC, and others
- Advise on PPA, offtake arrangements, land docs, O&M and other relevant agreements
- Assist in setting up companywide best practices and processes into their South Korean operations
- Keep abreast of legal, compliance and regulatory developments in relevant markets and business areas that the group is operating in and ensures policies and frameworks are stay robust and relevant
- Engage with relevant industry stakeholders within the relevant ecosystem and regulatory and industry-wide projects/initiatives
- Assist in handling disputes related matters (as and when required)
- Manage external law firms as and when required
- LLB from a recognised institution
- Min 5 PQE
- Strong experiences gained from tier 1 Project Finance/Development/front-end EPC/M&A Practices
- Prior experience in the Renewable Energy space will be very well-regarded
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player who can operate independently
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.
EA Licence No.: 15S7496