- Newly created headcount
- Global coverage
- Highly visible role
Our client, a global commodities trading firm is looking to fill a newly created Legal Counsel role in their Singapore office.
Reporting into the Global Head of Legal, the successful candidate will be given the remit to advise on a broad range of legal, regulatory and compliance matters. Day to day scope will include but not limited to drafting and reviewing commercial agreements, advise on shipping/charterparty matters, advise on derivatives transactions and other matters related to the global commodities trading business.
The successful candidate should be LLB/LLM qualified, called to the Bar and come with at least 7 years of relevant experience gained either in a law firm and/or an in-house legal role with a commodities trading firm.
- Draft, review and negotiate a broad range of commercial agreements including commodities sales & purchase agreements, warehousing/logistic agreements, charterparty/shipping agreements, novation agreements and others related to the global commodities trading business
- Advise on derivatives transaction as well as general corporate commercial matters
- Engage and manage external lawyers as and when required
- Keep abreast of developments in relevant regulatory framework and policies
- Advise stakeholders on possible legal risk and provide mitigation strategies
- Advise on compliance related matters including laws and regulation related to commodities trading, sanctions, AML, anti-trust, ABC; etc.
- Assist in the drafting of legal policies, guidelines, legal templates, and other documents to ensure best practices
- Providing relevant legal and compliance training to internal stakeholders as and when required
- LLB/LLM qualified
- Bar qualification (Commonwealth jurisdiction preferred)
- Min 7 PQE
- Relevant In-house and/or law firm experience in the Commodities Trading space
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player who can operate independently and in a fast-paced environment
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.
EA Licence No.: 15S7496