- Fintech, startup
- Legal and Compliance
A fast-growing payment platform is looking for a Legal Counsel to join their Hong Kong team.
- Provide practical, risk-weighted legal guidance on a wide range of legal matters related to company products and growth activities.
- Advise on regulation applicable to payments products offered in multiple jurisdictions including PSD2, open banking and e-money regulations.
- Advise on GDPR, privacy and data security matters impacting the business across multiple markets.
- Prepare and update internal product guideline related regulatory information and positions.
- Draft and amend customer facing template documents such as customer contracts, privacy policies and regulatory disclosures.
- Negotiate banking agreements, technology license agreements and other contracts.
- Participate in ideation sessions to create amazing product experiences for customers that comply with the law.
- Partner with the broader team to share information about the regulatory environment to facilitate efficient and transparent legal support across the business.
- Minimum 5 years of legal experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law, Juris Doctor and/or Master of Laws
- Practising certificate in Hong Kong
- Consultancy skills, specifically diagnosis and contracting
- Good analytical and decision-making skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Fluent in English, Cantonese and Mandarin
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.