- HQ environment
- New headcount
- Highly visible role
Our client, a leading and licensed Crypto exchange company is looking to fill a newly created legal counsel role.
Reporting into the Chief legal Officer based out of Bangkok, Thailand, the successful candidate will be given a broad remit and covers both legal & compliance related matters. Key scope includes (but not limited to) licensing and approval applications, compliance requirements i.e. AML/CFT and other related topics. You should be providing regulatory analysis of proposed business/operation structure, new products and help to prepare submissions to secure regulatory and licensing approvals for services, products and platforms.
General corporate commercial aspect of the role will include drafting, reviewing and negotiation a wide array of commercial agreements ranging from Marketing services contracts, vendor agreements, software licensing and others
You are LLB qualified and called to the Bar (4 to 7 PQE). Candidates with relevant TMT experience with major law firms or MNCs will be well regarded. Regional scope as well as prior experience in fintech/payments will be very much on point.
If you are keen to apply to this role, do send in your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interact and build relationship with regulators
- Ensure regulatory and compliance requirement/obligations from the company are met
- Kept abreast of developments in the Financial Services Regulatory space
- Manage external counsels whenever required
- Assist on submissions to obtain regulatory and licensing approvals
- Advise on general corporate commercial matters
- Support Chief Legal Officer on any other matters at the group level
- LLB/LLM qualified
- 4 to 7 PQE
- In-house and/or law firm experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player who can operate independently and in a fast-paced environment
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.
EA Licence No.: 15S7496