- High visibility role reporting directly to CEO
- First counsel hire, setting up and establishing the legal function
- Wide range of corporate commercial exposure across the SEA region
Our client, a regional MNC in the engineering/manufacturing space, is looking for a sole legal counsel.
This role will report directly to their senior management, responsible for legal & compliance matters in SEA.
Working closely with the legal team in the parent organisation, handling a range of projects and acquisitions.
- Supporting the management team on legal matters including contract management, litigation and legal compliance management.
- Draft, review and advise on a broad range of commercial agreements, such as operations & maintenance, sales and distribution, NDA, employment, JV agreements etc.).
- Legal lead for merger and acquisition, JV and investment related deals
- Instruct and coordinate with external counsel where necessary.
- Developing and maintaining legal/regulatory compliance SOPs.
- Plan and conduct legal compliance training to management and employees
- Any other duties as and when assigned by the Management
- Called to the Singapore Bar with at least 4 PQE
- At least 4 years of legal experience in a law firm or an in-house setting
- Broad experience with commercial contracts and M&A transactions in the region
- Independent, professional, dedicated and responsible
- Business fluency in Mandarin is an advantage for the role given the regional coverage
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.
EA Licence No.: 15S7496