- Newly created headcount
- Frontier payment topics to look at across APAC region
- Startup and fast paced environment
Our client, a leading e-commerce company is looking to hire a Legal Counsel to be based out of their Singapore office. Reporting into the APAC General Counsel, this is a newly created role with the mandate to advise on a broad range of legal, regulatory and compliance matters in the payments space.
Candidates with strong experience in the payments and/or financial services regulatory space will be well regarded. Lawyers currently in law firm with relevant experience welcomed to apply. This is a good role for candidates to transit from practice into in-house.
- Draft, review and negotiate a broad range of commercial agreements
- Contribute to legal, compliance and regulatory policy formation and implementation
- Be kept abreast of regulatory developments in the FinTech/Payments space and advise stakeholders accordingly
- Advise on privacy and data security related matters
- Advise on Compliance related matters and support in regulatory license applications
- Advise on general corporate commercial matters
- Take on ad-hoc task and regional projects as directed by the General Counsel
Key Requirements (at least 4 points)
- Min 5 PQE (Commonwealth jurisdiction)
- Passionate about FinTech/startup
- Relevant experience in Payments (law firm or in-house)
- Startup mentality
- Hands on and ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.
EA Licence No.: 15S7496