- International coverage
- Established team
- Broad and exciting scope
Our client, a leading global fintech company is looking to fill a Legal Counsel role within their well-established international legal team.
Reporting into the Head of Legal, International, the successful candidate will be given the remit to advise on legal, compliance and regulatory matters related to the company’s broad range of product offerings related to their cross border business. This is a regional role (APAC) with broad scope including commercial contracts drafting and reviewing, advisory on general corporate commercial advisory and transactional matters.
You are LLB qualified and called to the Bar in a commonwealth jurisdiction and China. Prior experience within FinTech and broader TMT experience (i.e., advising on product related matters) will be well-regarded. Chinese skills would be essential due to the need to liaise with stakeholders in mainland China.
If you are keen to apply to this role, do send in your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lead counsel for the company’s cross-border business
- Draft, review and negotiate a broad range of commercial agreements
- Advise on both legal and regulatory matters
- Work with cross functional teams on matters related to regulation, products, internal policies, processes;
- Ensure compliance to company’s policies and regulatory requirements
- Work with outside counsel as and well required
- Work with internal and external stakeholders (i.e., merchants) to support the growth of various products and services
- Advise on transactional matters
- LLB/LLM qualified
- Commonwealth Bar and China qualification (min 6 PQE)
- Excellent in-house (ideally FinTech/TMT) and law firm experience (TMT practice)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player who can operate independently and in a fast-paced environment
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.
EA Licence No.: 15S7496