- International asset management company with established expertise and presence in Asia.
- Diverse and dynamic collegiate work culture.
- Established Team
Our client, an international leading asset management company of great prominence is looking to fill a Legal Counsel (2-4 PQE) position.
Reporting into the Head of Legal, the successful candidate will provide end-to-end legal support/advisory matters within the Funds domain. The role also includes maintenance of general corporate documentation collaboration with key members across the organisation.
- Full spectrum legal support in asset management business.
- Total charge of negotiations, distribution, drafting and reviewing of relevant documents and agreements with key institutional investors.
- Provide legal support and counsel for segregated mandates, private equity funds, and more.
- Provide comprehensive legal and regulatory advice regarding full life cycle of investment products and negotiation of ancillary agreements.
- Provide legal support and counsel in matters of investments, fund-raising, client relations, and corporate governance.
- Draft and revise general corporate documents (i.e., NDAs, RFPs, vendor contracts, etc.).
- Forecast and advise on pertinent regulatory adjustments, including domains of IT and data protection.
- Collaborate effectively and foster relationships with key internal members (risk, ops, compliance) and investor teams.
- LLB/JD qualified with 2-4 PQE in related practice.
- Bar qualification (Singapore preferred)
- Private closed-end fund, fund of funds (FOF), mergers and acquisitions (M&A) competence is highly regarded.
- Experience in general corporate and corp sec areas is highly regarded.
- Well informed in industry related regulations and compliance matters.
- Dexterity in balancing technical proficiency with business demands demonstrated through effective legal advice and collaboration.
- Alignment with company culture and embodiment of values is vital.
- Proactive problem-solver adept at multi-tasking and handling uncertainty.
- Effective communicator across hierarchy and with partners.
- Proficiency in Chinese highly sought after.
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.
EA Licence No.: 15S749