- Fixed-term assignments with flexi-working arrangements
- Excellent opportunity for practising lawyers to gain in-house experience
- Broad-based work with multinational corporations
Our clients are looking for lawyers with general corporate commercial experience to join their legal teams, based in Singapore. These are multinational corporations with established legal teams, where the contract counsel will gain exposure to the full gamut of in-house legal work across the APAC region. You can expect to work in a collaborative and autonomous environment, though naturally guidance will be provided.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an Associate / Senior Associate to transit into an in-house role; or for lawyers keen to take on a contract role (to cater for other pursuits in the year).
- Reviewing, drafting, and negotiating standard commercial agreements with minimal supervision
- Supporting more senior counsel in complex transactions with direct supervision
- Advising business/sales teams of relevant issues in a multicultural environment
- Proactively addressing risk management
- Providing training for business/sales teams on legal or related issues for commercial agreements or processes
- Prior experience in the construction or technology space preferred, but not a must
- A J.D., LLB or LLM (or equivalent) with bar admission in at least one relevant jurisdiction
- A minimum of six years of post-qualification experience
- Strong drafting and negotiation skills, with excellent business judgment and strategic thinking
- Effectiveness within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a global, multicultural team
EA Licence No.: 15S7496
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.