- Newly created head count
- Regional coverage
- Highly visible role
Our client, a leading player in the Logistics and Supply Chain industry, is looking to fill a Legal Counsel role based out of their Singapore office. Reporting into the COO and Head of Legal, you will given the mandate to manage a broad range of legal and governance matters including but not limited to drafting, reviewing and negotiation of commercial contracts, provide legal advice to business stakeholders, manage dispute matters, assisting on corporate secretarial matters (with external support) as well as ensuring compliance to policies and regulations related to business operations.
You are LLB/LLM qualified with at least 3 years of experience. Prior in-house experience in the logistics industry is a must/highly regarded. Bar qualification is preferred but not a must.
The company has acquired several subsidiaries in recent years, and it continues with a high growth trajectory.
To be successful in the role, you will need to be collaborative, hands on and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Draft, review and negotiate a broad range of commercial agreements
- Advise on corporate secretarial matters to ensure all regulatory requirements are satisfied
- Support the team in other general corporate commercial matters
- Advise stakeholders on possible legal risk and provide mitigation strategies
- Ensure compliance to company’s policies and regulatory requirements
- Assist in the drafting of policies, guidelines, legal templates and other documents to ensure best practices
- LLB/LLM qualified
- Min 3 years of experience (Bar qualification not a must although preferred)
- Experience in relevant industry (Logistics) in another in-house position
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player who can operate independently and in a fast-paced environment
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.
EA Licence No.: 15S7496