- Newly created role
- Highly visible
- Broad and exciting scope
Our client, a global industrial MNC headquartered in Europe is looking to fill a Legal Counsel (3-5 PQE) role.
Reporting into the Lead Counsel for SEA, you will be playing a key role in the regional legal team by supporting/advising the stakeholders on a broad range of legal and corporate governance matters.
Day to day scope will include (but not limited to) drafting, reviewing, and negotiating commercial contracts, ensure corporate governance and compliance obligations are fulfilled in a timely manner, provide general corporate commercial support as well as assisting on contentious matters (with support from external counsel if required).
You are LLB qualified and called to Bar (commonwealth preferred). Strong experience gained from leading law firms will be well regarded (but not required). This is a good opportunity for law firm candidates open to transiting into an in-house role.To be successful in the role, you will need to be a team player, able to work independently and have strong stakeholder management skills.
- Draft, review and negotiate a broad range of commercial contracts
- Advise on both legal and compliance/corporate governance matters
- Ensure compliance to company’s policies and regulatory requirements
- Work with outside counsel and other service providers as and when required
- Ensure legal database/contract templates remain relevant in the ever-changing commercial environment
- Ensure compliance to the company’s internal policies and guidelines
- Assist on dispute matters as and when it arises
- LLB/LLM qualified
- SG or UK Bar qualification (2-5 PQE)
- Excellent law firm experience (in-house experience a plus but not a must)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player who can operate independently
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.
EA Licence No.: 15S7496