- New created headcount
- Fast growing company
- Highly visible role
Our client, a VC backed healthcare related startup is looking to fill a newly created legal counsel role.
Reporting into the senior leadership team, you will be advising on a broad range of legal, compliance and regulatory matters including but not limited to commercial contracts, general corporate commercial advisory, dispute/litigation management, compliance (anti-bribery/FCPA), regulatory engagements. Prior in-house legal experience in a regulated environment (pharmaceutical, medical devices, chemicals; etc) will be well regarded.
You are LLB qualified and called to a commonwealth Bar (min 2 PQE). Candidates with experience in Corporate Practice in law firms would be well regarded (straight from practice welcomed to apply).
Being able to work in a high growth and startup environment will be essential.
- Draft, review and negotiate a broad range of commercial agreements
- Support the team in other general corporate commercial matters
- Advise stakeholders on possible legal risk and provide mitigation strategies
- Ensure compliance to company’s policies and regulatory requirements
- Assist on corporate secretarial matters to ensure all regulatory requirements are satisfied
- Assist in the drafting of policies, guidelines, legal templates, and other documents to ensure best practices
- Advise on compliance related matters (anti-bribery, FCPA; etc)
- LLB/LLM qualified
- Min 2 PQE
- In-house and law firm experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player who can operate independently and in a fast-paced environment
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.
EA Licence No.: 15S7496