- Newly created headcount
- Great culture (0 attrition)
- Broad scope (transactional, gen corp and compliance)
Our client, a leading Venture Capital with a diverse portfolio of investments in Singapore is looking to fill a newly created Legal Counsel (1-4 PQE) role.
Reporting into the General Counsel, the successful candidate will entrusted to provide advice on a broad range of transactional (M&A/VC), general corporate commercial, regulatory as well as compliance matters.
You are LLB qualified and called to the Singapore Bar (min 1 PQE). You should come with a combination of in-house as well as private practice (candidates coming directly from law firm would be most welcomed to apply). Prior experience in advising on M&A/VC transactions would be a must and exposure to funds related work would be a major plus (although not essential).
This is an excellent opportunity for junior lawyers in private practice to transit into an in-house role with broad commercial exposure as well as dynamic career opportunities.
- Advise on transactional (M&A/VC) matters i.e., investments/divestments, funds formation; etc
- Provide ad-hoc legal support to portfolio companies
- Advise stakeholders on possible legal risk and provide mitigation strategies
- Draft and review a broad range of commercial contracts
- Assist in the drafting of legal policies, guidelines, legal templates, and other documents to ensure best practices
- Developing and maintaining contract templates
- Work with external counsels (whenever appropriate) on a wide array of matters
- LLB/LLM qualified
- Min 1 PQE
- In-house and law firm (M&A/VC Practice) experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player who can operate independently and in a fast-paced environment
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.
EA Licence No.: 15S7496