- High visibility role with a flat hierarchal structure
- Strong mentor who is very invested in developing the incoming counsel
- Strong upwards mobility and career progression
Our client, a global player in the shipping/ maritime space, is looking for a driven counsel to join their team. This role will be covering a broad regional scope of work as a valued partner to the business. This is an excellent role for a lawyer looking for wider first-hand commercial exposure in a fun and tight-knit team.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating on a wide array of commercial agreements
- Negotiating charterparty terms and post-fixture matters
- Handling claims across SEA/Europe/South America pertaining the company’s vessels.
- Handling ship purchases/sales pertaining to the Group’s vessels
- Working closely with the business stakeholders
- Strengthening the compliance framework and implementing compliance trainings
- Keeping the management abreast of new and relevant legal developments
- 3 to 10 PQE, called to the Singapore Bar
- Experienced gained inhouse from a reputable company/ top law firm
- Driven, self-starter, adaptable and with strong interpersonal skills
- Genuine passion for shipping/maritime work and able to effectively liaise with the business
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.